12-Credit Graduate 100% Online Certificate Program in Digital Media and Design
It's difficult for companies to find well-trained digital media specialists, to say the least. Skilled Digital Media and Design (DMD) professionals are in short supply; unemployment rates in creative fields like DMD remain below the national average. Consider this: according to a Marketing Hiring Trends study conducted by McKinley Marketing Partners,
"Demand remains strong for digital marketers, though the supply of candidates will be tight."
In fact, such leading organizations as Cigna and IBM often make offers to University of Connecticut (UConn) graduates. If you already have a Bachelor's degree and you are:
- In a management position and need to develop a solid understanding of DMD platforms and concepts,so you can work effectively with your marketing and creative staff? Or, you want to take advantage of new job opportunities within your organization that require a strong foundation in DMD?
- Are new to the DMD field, but find yourself called upon to develop a website, create content, or produce digital medial marketing assets using tools from the Adobe Suite? You're outside of your comfort zone and are looking for a professional and directed learning experience.
- In the graphic design field and want to expand into website creation, or you're a copywriter who needs to learn about search engine optimization (SEO)? Perhaps you've been in print media for years and have minimal or no hands-on experience in the digital world.
- A small business owner who has no experience in web development or creating other digital assets, yet want to take advantage of cost-effective DMD programs to achieve marketing objectives?
- Or just maybe, you're tired of digital media passing you by. You feel stuck with using mundane clip art in PowerPoint presentations. You avoid social media at all costs. Perhaps you have ideas for a great video promoting your business or new product, but have no idea how to get started.
Whatever your reason for wanting to transition from traditional marketing to the digital marketing world, you can acquire many of the same foundation digital media skills that UConn DMD master's degree students earn. How? Take advantage of UConn's Digital Media and Design Online Graduate Certificate, a program in the School of Fine Arts. This 12-credit graduate-level program provides high quality UConn instruction—including courses taught by experienced UConn digital media experts and faculty—combined with the flexibility and convenience of a 100% online, interactive and collaborative learning experience.
A Bachelor's degree is required to apply for the Digital Media and Design Online Graduate Certificate program.
We are accepting applications for Summer 2023 semester. The application deadline is March 25, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.
What They Are Saying
Nurturing His Creativity
Bryan Hilversum (’17)
“The online platform was detailed and well organized, allowing us to go at a reasonable pace. Yes, there was a lot of material, and you had to read quite a bit. And that does require you to be self-motivated. But it was well worth it in the end."... READ MORE
Double the Learning
Elizabeth Smith (’17)
"The program was great because I learned about so many aspects of the digital marketing world. And while I was in the program, I was able to use my new skills at work every day—in fact, many of the class projects directly correlated to my job. It was like double the learning!"... READ MORE